4.15.2007

The lamp poles have begun their journey to Alfred. They have landed on Tucker Field in stacks of 10. The location is ideal, and presents many benefits over the previous site. The ground is flat and mowed, there is electricity, and the field is lit at night for a longer window of work-time.



We have learned from the past, and this time we created pole moving carts to truck the 200 lb poles around with.



The move took one day, and my shoulders are sore. Moving 6 tons of material is the most mundane manual labor, but we were lucky enough to catch a day of sunshine amidst a nor'easter that just dumped 6 inches of snow today...



Additionally, I have finished extruding the phosphorescent material to apply to the sculpture. There is close to 500 feet of 9 inch wide sheet. I have not calculated the exact length, but once I have this number I will easily be able to determine the sizing of the individual strips that will be applied to each pole to make it glow.